1 Day: Cusco – Huayllabamba
Today we will begin our Way of the Inca Jungle! We will pick up all of your hotels in the morning and leave Cusco, driving for 2 ½ hours to Abra Málaga at 4350 meters altitude. 5 minutes down the road from Abra Málaga we will organize our bikes and start our adventure by Inca Jungle Bike Trail! We will go down by bicycle for 3 to 4 hours, passing by fruit trees and parrots flying overhead. Our destination is Santa Maria, a small town, where we will have lunch at a local restaurant before going to our next adventure! We will take a short walk to the Vilcanota River, where we will go rafting for approximately 1 hour and a half by one of the most popular routes of Cusco, which is part of our trip to the Inca Jungle. After our exciting rafting afternoon, we will return to Santa Maria where we will have dinner at a local restaurant and spend the night in a local family accommodation.
Day 2: Santa María – Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes
Today we will start with an early breakfast, before starting our next part of the Inca Jungle Trail, taking a vehicle to Santa Teresa. The journey will take a little more than an hour and we will go to the camp “Cola de Mono”. Here we will have an exciting 2 hours to enjoy a zip line adventure, which slides from one part of the valley to another with magnificent views of the valley below and the natural landscapes that surround it as zip by! After our adventure in the zip line, we will continue our Inca Jungle Trail, taking the transport to Hidroelectrica, where we will enjoy a lunch made with local foods. From Hydroelectric, we will walk towards Aguas Calientes by train tracks. This part of the Inca Jungle Trail is easy since the road to Aguas Calientes is relatively flat and will take about 3 hours. In Aguas Calientes we will go to our hotel and leave our things and if you have time you have the option of going to the local hot springs (the tickets are around 10 Peruvian Soles). We will have dinner and spend the night in Aguas Calientes to refresh our visit to Mach Picchu tomorrow.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
On our last day on our Inca Jungle Trail we will visit Machu Picchu! We will start the day early waking up around 4:00 am to have breakfast and start our walk to Machu Picchu. The uphill hike will take approximately 1½ hours.
Once you can enter, you will need to show your passport and your ISIC (International Student Identification Card) if you have booked your Inca Jungle Trail with a student discount. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours of some of the most important areas of Machu Picchu. After your tour, you will have time to tour this magical city on your own, free to take pictures and imagine how the Incas had used this site hundreds of years before.
From Machu Picchu, we will take one of the buses back to Aguas Calientes where, if you have time, you can have lunch (not included as part of your Inca Jungle Trail) and buy souvenirs and snacks for your return to Cusco. According to the train schedule, you will take the Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. You will arrive to Ollantaytambo later in the afternoon, where you will be picked up and driven back to Cusco, where you should arrive around 10:30 p.m.
- Informative session (usually scheduled one or two days before your walk).
- Tourist transport at the beginning of the Inca Jungle Trail.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Bicycles and cycling equipment.
- 1 night in basic local accommodation along the route and 1 night in a tourist hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance of Machu Picchu.
- First aid kit.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English) (guides who speak other languages upon request).
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners (vegetarian, vegan, etc.).
- 1 Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (see note on train availability, schedule changes, etc.).
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Breakfast on 1st day, Lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Entrance fees for Thermal Baths in Aguas Calientes ($ 4).
- Water for your water bottles. You can buy water along the way or bring water purification tablets.
- Activities and items not included in the itinerary.
CUSCO TREKKING ADVENTURES E.I.R.L
WE ARE A COMPANY ESPESIALIST IN TREKKING AND ADVENTURES A COMPANY SERIOUS AND
RESPONSIBLE AND ABOVE ALL AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE THAT CHARACTERIZES US.
CONTACT WHIT US.
Web site: www.cuscotrekkingadventures.com.