Machupicchu and the city of Cusco are joined by a railway system which runs through the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. The trip from Cusco takes approximately two hours by bus to Ollantytambo train station, or 25 min to Poroy. From either of those stations we take a train to Aguas Calientes, through beautiful landscapes and spectacular views, covering a distance of 110 kilometers. There are numerous options regarding timetables, the standard of the trains and fares.
Machupicchu Tour Full Day Itinerary
We start with an early pick-up and transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train stations by bus and then by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, close to Machupicchu. The train journey takes around two and a half hours, passing through picturesque landscapes including the Sacred Valley of the Incas. On arrival in Aguas Calientes you will be met by our staff where you will be taken to the summit of Machupicchu mountain via a short bus journey.
Once there you will enjoy a guided tour for two hours where you will explore the most important and interesting places in Machupicchu. This ancient city is strategically situated at the top of the Machupicchu Mountain (Old Mountain in Quechua), at 2350 meters above sea level (7,710 ft). Close by is the Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain), part of the western Vilcabamba mountain range, which are bordered by the Apurimac and Urubamba rivers. The Machupicchu sanctuary is located in the valley of the Urubamba river (also known as the Vilcanota) at the lower part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, close to the edge of the Peruvian rainforest.
In the afternoon we return Cusco by train and bus from Aguas Calientes, via Ollantaytambo.
Included in all Services
- Return transport and train from accommodation in Cusco to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train tickets Poroy/Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Return bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to the ruins.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Guided tour of Machupicchu.
- TIP for your guide (suggest a voluntary tip to the guide of between $5-10).
Food included varies between services:
- Backpacker: small snack included.
- Vistadome: breakfast included on the way and a small ‘brunch’ included on return.
- Hiram Bingham: all meals, snacks, and drinks included.
What to Bring
- A Day Pack.
- Good Shoes.
- A Rain Jacket or a Poncho.
- A Water Bottle.
- A Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Insect Repellent.
- Swimsuit (if you decide to stay the night in Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs)
- Original passport (and old passport if applicable) and ISIC Card (if you have one). Photocopies are not acceptable. If you change your passport after booking the train tour you must send us details of your new passport immediately, and you must bring both your new passport and old passport with you on the tour.
CUSCO TREKKING ADVENTURES E.I.R.L
WE ARE A COMPANY ESPESIALIST IN TREKKING AND ADVENTURES A COMPANY SERIOUS AND
RESPONSIBLE AND ABOVE ALL AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE THAT CHARACTERIZES US.
CONTACT WHIT US.
Web site: www.cuscotrekkingadventures.com.